Friday, April 13, 2012

Most Anticipated Movies: Summer

  Summer is nearly here, and for the first time in years, there isn't a movie that has truly got me itching to see.  That might be a good thing, as last year, I was dying to see "Super 8" and I ended up thinking it was just okay.  Maybe I'll end up loving a film I didn't even know existed before its release.  But for now, here are the ten films I want to see most:

10. Premium Rush- I don't know much about this film, as it's a completely original idea and it's coming out in August, but I loved the trailer, and if any film is going to surprise, it will probably be this.

9. ParaNorman- The trailer for this stop motion animated feature was very edgy and cool, and it's apparently a cross between "Night Of The Living Dead" and "The Goonies."  Sounds like fun.

8. Men In Black III- This movie has gotten a lot of bad buzz around it, but then again, so did 'John Carter."  It also comes from one of my favorite franchises of all time.  Even if it does get bad reviews, I'm still seeing it.

7. The Dark Knight Rises- I for one think its predecessor "The Dark Knight" is slightly overrated, but this is supposed to be the final installment, and it is in good hands with director Christopher Nolan.  I'm also excited to see Tom Hardy as Bane, because I think he's a great actor and I'm curious as to what he'll put into the new villain. 

6. Dark Shadows- Director Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collaborate once again, and "Dark Shadows" looks like a hilarious throwback to Burton's older, lighter films.

5. Moonrise Kingdom- Two words: Wes Anderson.

4. The Amazing Spider-Man- With a great new actor and director to put your faith in, along with my favorite Spider-Man villain, this looks like an awesome chapter in the Spidey series.

3. The Avengers- What every fanboy has been waiting for is finally here.  This looks absolutely awesome.  Nothing more to say.

2. Prometheus- The Alien prequel (Or is it?), has been anticipated all year, and has lots of mystery surrounding it.  My favorite: Big budget science fiction epic.  Could be this year's "Super 8" though.

1. Brave- Yes I am surprised by my number one pick too.  Coming off of the disappointing "Cars 2" (To some, I for one loved that movie), "Brave" has a lot of pressure to get Pixar back on track.  It looks pretty epic, and has Pixar potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment